As usual, we are organizing the EUCASS-ArianeGroup Best Student Paper Award competition which is one of the key moments of our congress.
This Award is open to any registered Student, including doing his/her PhD, but not Post-Doc.
It is based on a paper which shall be submitted before the deadline of 12 June; we may have a couple of days tolerance depending on the number of submissions, but don’t rely too much on that as we need time to make the evaluations…
- Provided there is a regular paper, presenters of Oral or Posters can compete
- The paper shall be prime-authored by the Student, and this student shall be identified as the presenter of the paper.
- We define 4 Categories regrouping several Topics: Propulsion (PROPHY); Dimensioning (FDGNCA+STRMAT+SYSINT); Environment (FLIPHY+FLOCON+SIMPHY) and Future (ASCenSion+CLINAV+FUTURE+HEPAEM+NEWSPA+PERSEUS+REUSSA+SPEXPL+SUSTSP+UAVFUT)
The papers will be evaluated by a Jury composed of experts extracted from our Program Committee
The 4 evaluation criteria are the following:
- Technical quality (we are a congress of Science and R&T so scientific approach is fundamental)
- Innovation (an original paper with new ideas is welcome)
- Paper quality (general presentation, quality of layout, figures, references…)
- Wow effect (subjective…)
Full transparency: each criteria is evaluated with a note ranking from 0 (very poor) to 5 (excellent), so a potential total of 20; independent evaluations; selection is straightforward,
- Some extra points may be given for Masters students or younger; Jury’s decision,
- As usual we will “nominate” the 3 best per Subject and check whether they plan to make it to the Gala Dinner; if not, we take #4 and #5
- The winners will get a check, a diploma, the reimbursement of their Gala Dinner ticket.
As usual, there will be one Award per Category, plus a “Super Award” among the four, single best of the congress who will get a dedicated diploma and a larger check.
This year the Award ceremony will be sponsored by Ariane Group.
The awards will be given during the Gala Dinner, so please plan to attend.